AMAZON ECHO SETUP | THE PROCESS AND TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS
Are you looking for information on how to set up an Amazon Echo? Find out everything you need to know about the setup process. Learn how to set up the echo device in a simple manner. Alexa, Amazon Echo’s voice assistant, is powered by Amazon’s cloud infrastructure to convey information. This page will lead you through the steps to simply set up your new Amazon Echo device if you recently updated. You will discover what you need to prepare before the setup as well as the actions you must take to accomplish the setup procedure.
Things To Know Before Setup
Before you begin the setup procedure, you will need to gather the following items:
- A PC, smartphone, or tablet
- internet connectivity
- Details for your Amazon account
If you don’t already have an Amazon account, you can establish one at amazon.com. Sign up for an Amazon account by going to your computer browser or downloading the Amazon app on your smartphone. The Devices area can then be accessed by going to the Accounts section. Additional information on the Alexa Echo setup can be found in the section below.
Downloading The Alexa App
To begin, you’ll need to get the Amazon app on your smartphone and install it. Make sure you have the most recent version of the app if you already have it installed. The app version can be found in the settings menu. To upgrade the app version, go to the app store for your device and update it from the app page.
Note: When configuring the Echo Show line of devices, you can utilise the touch display to conveniently navigate through the various settings and configure them.
Amazon Echo Setup - How To Proceed?
After you’ve installed the Amazon app and logged in to your Amazon account, you can continue with the procedures below:
Connect your Amazon Echo to a power source. Notice how the device’s LED ring glows orange. Alexa will make an announcement when the device is ready.
- Then, open the Amazon Alexa app and sign in to your Amazon account with the same credentials. Follow the on-screen steps using the same credentials you used to establish the account.
- Select the ‘Add a Device’ option from the More button.
- On the screen, you’ll see a list of several Amazon devices. If you choose Amazon Echo, you’ll be taken to the following page immediately.
- Select the ‘Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus’ option from this page, and the window will redirect you to a new page.
- Take note of the hue of the Amazon Echo’s light ring. If it’s orange, press Yes; if it’s not, press No, and Alexa will walk you through the next steps. This will entail holding down the Action button until the device’s LED glows orange.
- You’ll see the next window containing the device list after clicking the Yes button. Click the Yes button after selecting the device name from the same.
The device integration section includes this step.
Amazon Echo Wireless Setup
- On the next screen, select the name of the wifi network. To connect to it, type in the password. If you don’t see your wifi network’s name, check sure the wireless is turned on and the wireless discovery is turned on. Then select ‘Rescan Network’ from the drop-down menu.
- When the network name appears, click it to enter the password information. On the next screen, choose your favourite language and then click the ‘Continue’ option.
- The setup process will now ask you to choose a location for the device to be installed. Choose the selected location’s name.
- Next, decide whether or not you want to set up a voice ID. Select the address or region you’re in from the next screen once more.
- From the next setup screen, you can enable other features like Amazon Sidewalk.
- A video will appear on the next screen, which you can select to view or skip.
- Finally, click the Let’s Go button to complete the Echo setup procedure.
Disclaimer : We, have no association or links with any specific company or brand mentioned on this page. We are one of the leading third-party service providers for Alexa. All the images, trademarks, and logos are used for information purpose only. On demand assistance is available with us only on customers’ request.